This is the second remedy in a series of remedies for treatment of knee pains. First can be found here. This preparation is essentially preparing “Triphala Churna” in the ration of 1:2:4. It will not only relieve the knee pain, but also helpful in general well being.
- Yellow Myrobalan or Chebulic Myrobalan / Terminalia chebula / Haritaki (हरीतकी) / Harad (हरद) / Karakkaya (కరక్కాయ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
– 100 g
- Beleric or bastard myrobalan / Terminalia bellirica / Vibhitaka (विभितक) / Aksha (अक्ष) / Thanikaya (తానికాయ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 200 g
- Indian gooseberry / Phyllanthus emblica / Amalika (अमलिक) / Amla (आम्ला) / Usirikaya (ఉసిరికాయ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 400 g
Powder all the above and store in a glass bottle.
Mix one spoon of this powder with a glass of lukewarm water and drink before going to bed.
Also, follow this remedy along:
- Dried Ginger / Sonth (सोंठ) / Shonti (శొంఠీ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / UK] – 100 g
- Black sesame seeds / Kala Til ka Thel (काला तिल) / Nalla Nuvvulu (నువ్వులు) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 100 g
- Indian ginseng / Withania somnifera / Ashwagandha (अश्वगंध) / Ajagandha (अजगंध) / Ashwagandha (అశ్వగంధ)[Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 400 g
- Candy sugar / Mishri (मिश्री) / Nagubothu (నగుబోతు) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 100 g
Powder all of the above and add enough ghee to make paste and store in a glass bottle.
Take 10 g of this paste twice a day.
Also, perform Vata Naashak Mudra for 5 to 10 minutes thrice a day.
Watch the below video for instructions in Telugu:
Image: © scottchan/FreeDigitalPhotos.Net
3 thoughts on “Ayurvedic Remedy for Knee Pains Due to Vata Dosha”
Thanks for this remedy for knee pain but can you tell me where I could get vibhitika and ashwagandha in a pure form in Bangalore? or which company/brands market these? My sister-in-law, who is 40 now, started getting knee pains when she was 36. This made movement very difficult for her – we tried some physiotherapy and ayurvedic remedies for her but she did not get relief. Finally we took her to Nova Orthopaedic hospital where she underwent a total knee replacement surgery. She is doing good now but still needs to do her recommended exercises and the physiotherapist from the hospital visits her twice a week. Can you suggest some remedies for her to get better?
You can get them in a herbal selling shop. Get the raw herbals and powder them yourself. This site is not operated by Elchuri. It is a translation work of his remedies into English by a follower of Ayurveda, so you won’t be getting advice on your health conditions. I hope it helps.
I am 58 yrs. Female….Can I drink Bharat tea