This remedy will help you in curing cold. It will even work for long-term cold sufferers. Very simple remedy.
- Holy basil / Ocimum sanctum/ Thulsi (तुलसि) / Thulasi (తులసి) – 10 leaves [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Black Pepper / Kali mirch (काली मिर्च) / Miriyalu (మిరియాలు) – 5 pieces [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Raw ginger – 2 gm
- Candy sugar / Mishri (मिश्री) / Nagubothu (నగుబోతు) – 1 teaspoon [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
Crush all of the above and add 2 glasses of water. Boil it on low flame till the water is reduced to one glass. Filter it and collect the juice. Add candy sugar.
Drink this juice in the morning on empty stomach. Do not take bath or eat anything for an hour. If the cold is severe, take it in the evening too.
FOR COUGH AND COLD:
- Dried Ginger / Sonth (सोंठ) / Shonti (శొంఠీ) – 50 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Yellow Myrobalan or Chebulic Myrobalan / Terminalia chebula / Haritaki (हरीतकी) / Harad (हरद) / Karakkaya (కరక్కాయ) – 50 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Jaggery / Gud (गुड़) / Bellam (బెల్లం) – 100 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
Crush all of the above and make a mix.
Eat 5 g of this everyday. This will help in cold and cough. This will equal the vata, pittha, and kapha in your body.
Watch the below video for instructions in Telugu:
Image: © William Brawley
4 thoughts on “Ayurvedic Remedy for Cold and Cough”
Iam under permanant trouble in cold and cough i want a proper treatment
Have you tried the remedy you commented on?
Is this remedie suitable for pregnant woman also?
respeted sir I am RAMACHANDRAN FROM BANGALORE,
sir i used get frequent cold with cough and chest congestion(cold with running nose)
of late I consulted a homepathic doctor.ON HEARING MY CASE HISTORY HE CAME to the conclusion that mine is a clear case of ALLERGIC REHANTIS and started treatment on 19/12/2019.but still my health problem is not solved an d still I am suffering from severe cold ,cough an d chest pain.hence my request with u is if there is solution in AYUVEDA FOR THE ABOVE AILMENT PLEASE ADVISE ME .FOR WHICH OF KINDNESS I WILL EVER REMAIN GREATFULL TO U SIR
P V RAMCHANDRAN