Usage of herbal tooth powder will strengthen the teeth and gums. It will also help in relieving variety of dental problems like loose teeth, dental pains, pus in gums, blood from teeth, etc.
- Camphor / Kapoor (कपूर) / Karpuram (కర్పూరo) powder – 20 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Betel nut, areca nut / Areca catechu / Supari (सुपारी) / Poka vakka (పోక వక్క) bhasma – 20 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Cinnamon / Dalchini (दालचीनी) / Dalchina chekka (దాల్చినచెక్క) powder – 20 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Cloves / Laung (लौंग) / Lavangalu (లవంగాలు) powder – 20 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Dried Ginger / Sonth (सोंठ) / Shonti (శొంఠీ) powder – 20 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Black Pepper / Kali mirch (काली मिर्च) / Miriyalu (మిరియాలు) powder – 20 g [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK]
- Chalk / Khadia (खड़िया) / Suddha (సుద్ధ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 120 g
To make bhasma of betel nut, cut them into small pieces and fry it in fry pan. Stir continuously until it turns into black powder. All the ingredients can be fried a little on a low flame to easily powder them. Mix all the ingredients to make a herbal tooth powder.
Brush your teeth with this herbal mix twice a day. Rub it on gums. Wait for 15 minutes and then clean the mouth with lukewarm water.
Also, perform the exercises described by the acharya.
- Wide open the mouth and close
- Beat the lower and upper jaws quickly
- Move the lower jaw left and right fast.
- Bite the upper and lower teeth strongly and release.
- Blow the air through teeth.
Watch the below video for instructions in Telugu:
Image: © Bill Branson
2 thoughts on “Ayurvedic Remedies for Healthy Teeth – Ayurvedic Tooth Powder”
Hi, I got lot of results for chalk powder in Amazon. Those look like the chalk that we use for blackboard. Are they not made up of pure chemicals? Can they be taken to mouth? If yes, can u give me direct link to buy the best brand. I am so confused. I am having tooth sensitivity problem. Thank you in advance.
I really appreciate you(website owner) and doctor Elachuri garu , for the ancient knowledge that you are collecting and putting it online, so that it can be used for future generations.
You can buy any product. Just make sure that it has good reviews and no additives.