By drinking cold drinks in winter and eating foods that exaggerate the production of kapha in the body knowingly or unknowingly, kapha will increase in head, lungs, and respiratory tract and will spread throughout the body. Due to this, you will be coughing continuously. This can be seen even in children and old aged people. As soon as you starting noticing the cough, follow the below remedy to prevent progression and get rid of it.
- Dried Ginger / Sonth (सोंठ>) / Shonti (శొంఠీ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] powder – 30 g
- Nut grass , Nut sedge / Cyperus rotundus / Chakranksha (चक्रांक्षा) / Nagarmotha (नागरमोथा) / Thunga, Thungamustalu (తుంగ, తుంగముస్తలు) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] tubers powder – 30 g
- Yellow Myrobalan or Chebulic Myrobalan / Terminalia chebula / Haritaki (हरीतकी) / Harad (हरद) / Karakkaya (కరక్కాయ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] powder – 30 g
- Old Jaggery / Gud (गुड़) / Bellam (బెల్లం) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 90 g
Mix all the above ingredients and make paste using mortar and pestle. Make small tablets out of this paste in the size of black chickpea and dry in shade. When fully dried, store these in a glass bottle.
Chew two to four tablets a day depending on the severity of cough (morning, afternoon, evening, and night). For small children, make these tablets half in the size and you can add little ghee if needed.
Watch the below video for instructions in Telugu:
Download the video for offline watching: HERE
Trending eBooks You Might Want to Read:
- Clean Your Lungs of the Poisonous Tar and Dangerous Toxins and Reverse the Damage!
- Pharmacy in Vegetables!
Image: © Ryan Boren