Alopecia refers to hair loss on head or other body parts. Now, it is being noted even in children and teens. It can spread if not treated in early stages. It can be noted on head, mustache, eyebrows, beard, etc. In some people, hair loss is noted throughout the body in aggressive stage of this disease. It gives psychological stress to the patients. There are simple remedies in Ayurveda to cure this and should be started as soon as alopecia is noted. Following are the two remedies for internal and external use. Following them alongside. You can check all the remedies for hair loss under the category: Hair & Scalp.
- Soapnuts, Soapberries / Sapindus / Phenilum (Sanskrit) / Ritha (रीटा) / Kunkudukaya (కుంకుడుకాయ)
Add water to salt and make salt water. Rub soapnuts on a stone using drops of this salt water. Collect the cream like paste into a plate.
Rib this cream on the affected area with a cotton cloth. Don’t clean this. Take head bath only once in a week. Use soapnuts and/or shikakai for shampooing. If children experience burning sensation or pain in the affected area, stop for one day and apply coconut oil.
- False daisy / Eclipta alba / Bhringraj (भ्रिंगराज) / Bhringraj (भ्रिंगराज) / Guntagalagara (గుంటగలగర) powder – 20 g
- Indian gooseberry / Phyllanthus emblica / Amalika (अमलिक) / Amla (आम्ला) / Usirikaya (ఉసిరికాయ) powder – 20 g
- Black sesame seeds powder – 20 g
- Licorice, Liquorice / Glycyrrhiza glabra / Mulethi (मुलेठी) / Yashtimadhu (Sanskrit) / Athimadhuram (అతిమధురము) powder – 20 g
- Candy sugar / misthri – 80 g
Mix all of the above and store in a glass bottle.
Take this powder mixed with a glass of water and drink a cup of milk with candy sugar twice a day. Dosage: For children, the amount of powder you can hold in between three fingers. For adults, half spoon to a spoon.
Also, perform Sarvangasana or Shirshasana. Press and release both thumbs from top to down before meals for 2 minutes (watch video at 9m:50s).
Watch the below video for instructions in Telugu:
Download the video for offline watching: HERE
Trending eBooks You Might Want to Read: