There have been lot of causes for cough. Even inhaling poisonous mosquito coil smoke for long term causes lung problems. Eating stored food from fridge, roaming in cold weather, and drinking cold water and drinks affect lung functioning. Following are the steps to cure chronic cough.
Massage throat, chest, and back regions with lukewarm mustard oil. Foment these areas with water boiled with crushed leaves of any of the following:
- Five-leaved chaste tree leaves
- Neem leaves and turmeric
- Neem leaves, prickly chaff flower leaves, turmeric
This fomentation will relieve the cough instantly.
Perform Supta vajrasana
When you start to experience heaviness in chest, waking up from sleep with cough, breathing difficulty when exposed to even a slight cold air, dryness in throat, etc., understand that you are going to have some problem in lungs and start with these food remedies.
For children: Take a banana and make hole in the center. Fill it with black pepper powder and give it to children to eat.
For adults: Follow the below remedy
- Yellow Myrobalan or Chebulic Myrobalan / Terminalia chebula / Haritaki (हरीतकी) / Harad (हरद) / Karakkaya (కరక్కాయ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 50 g
- Beleric or bastard myrobalan / Terminalia bellirica / Vibhitaka (विभितक) / Aksha (अक्ष) / Thanikaya (తానికాయ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 50 g
- Indian gooseberry / Phyllanthus emblica / Amalika (अमलिक) / Amla (आम्ला) / Usirikaya (ఉసిరికాయ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 50 g
- Long pepper / Piper longum / Pippali (पिप्पलि) / Pippali (पिप्पलि) / Pippallu (పిప్పళ్ళు) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 50 g
- Dried Ginger / Sonth (सोंठ) / Shonti (శొంఠీ) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / UK] – 50 g
- Black Pepper / Kali mirch (काली मिर्च) / Miriyalu (మిరియాలు) [Buy Online at Amazon India / US / Canada / UK] – 50 g
Heat the dried ginger, black and long peppers in a pan on a low flame and powder them. Crush yellow myrobalan, beleric, and Indian gooseberry, remove the seeds, and powder them. Mix all the powders well and store them in a glass bottle.
Mix 2 g of this powder with a spoon of honey and chew it after meals thrice a day.
Watch the below video for instructions in Telugu: